Sunday, 22 January 2012

PRE-CNY ♥

My CNY feasting kicked off at Rach&Bryan's lovenest. The Love, Bonito crew was invited over for a round of Aunty Winnsie's signature Sukiyaki!


It was mad during our Lou Hei session cos all of us were struggling to come up with the right Chinese idioms! And we died when Fred the cheenapiang wished all of us 风和日丽 days in and out of the office! Haha fun times! And kudos to the CS team who stayed on to clear emails, and then waking up early on Saturday for a 3rd meet-up session. 辛苦你们了!

--

Massive steamboat session with the pals! Aunty made a delicious broth by boiling pork bones with peppercorn, while Fred the masterchef stirred in the right amount of ingredients for our favourite 小肥羊麻辣 steamboat. It was awesome having two selections that night ;)

The star of our dinner - GIANT prawns!
Lou Hei Round Two! Sushi Tei's lou hei takeout is really convenient and it's also very very yummy! Even the guys, who don't normally fancy vegetables, took a liking to it!
 
Peaches dipped in Cloudy Lemonade, huge Tasmanian cherries and Valzy's tiramisu to polish it all off. We were all stunned when Val revealed her secret dish... Her tiramisu reaaaallly took the cake last night.. The taste and presentation was just perfect. She made more but we only had stomachs for these 5! Well, I've set my mind to learn it from her soon ;)

Outfit For the Day: Love, Bonito's Roiston Romper.

--

I'm stuck with trying to think of a name for this simple drink concoction. Peachmenade? Cloudy Peaches? Hmmm.. Anyway, this is from Alessia's Mum, who'd serve this to have everyone's palate's cleaned before she served her desserts. She'd dunk fresh peaches in a lime cordial mixture but I found a substitute that's even more fuss-free.

So yes, for a great replacement of fruit cocktails that are usually too heavily drenched in syrup, you may like to try this!

Ingredients:
1) Fresh white peaches
2) Waitrose's Cloudy Lemonade/Lime Cordial
3) Schweppe's Soda Water (optional and only if you want to wish to dilute the lemonade)

Preparation:
Super simple! All you need to do is to mix the sliced peaches with Cloudy Lemonade (which can be replaced by a Lime Cordial mixture, whichever you prefer) and let them soak for a bit. Add Soda Water if you'd like it to be more carbonated & diluted. And voila! Best served chilled.

--

I'm not sure how imma last another 3 days of feasting, starting with two dinner seatings tonight, but it's gonna be the last festive celebration in a long time so... eat first, think later ;) Heh have a great time ya'll!

24 kisses:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

hi is beatrice wearing an lb piece? when will it be launched?

Bridget said... [Reply to comment]

Hi babe, I thought of getting the 小肥羊麻辣 steamboat soup base when I visit my boyfriend in Manila (he is currently based there) in February. Just wondering if you have a spare spicy soup base packet that you can sell to me since I understand that this soup base is not for sale in Singapore. Hope to hear from you :)

Natalie said... [Reply to comment]

Hi vel! Where do you get the steamboat base from? And also, what size do you take for the louanne dress? Thanks!

Anon said... [Reply to comment]

love the dress that viola is wearing! Hope it is a upcoming dress from LB.

Jingling said... [Reply to comment]

Velda,where did u purchase the Waitrose's Cloudy Lemonade from? Thanks! :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

can I know what size do you wear for the rompers? Will there be restock for the black colour?

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

hi vel, where did you friend get her black/dark blue toga dress from? would appreciate your reply :)

Leanne said... [Reply to comment]

Hi, can I know what camera are you using? :)

Xinyi said... [Reply to comment]

hi babe! what size dyou wear for Roiston Romper? (:

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Xinyi, size S :)

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Leanne, I alternate between a CanonS90 and a Leica D-Lux 4 :)

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! I'm not sure where she got it from. Would you like to email her at violaerin@gmail.com? :)

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Size S for most pieces babe! I'm not sure about restocks for this piece just yet, sorry about that!

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Jingling, whoops sorry I forgot to add that you can get it from most Cold Storages / Jason's / Marketplace.

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

We'll have something similar coming up babe :)

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Natalie, my parents gets the steamboat base from Hong Kong! I'm trying to see if SG stocks them and if so, I'll update you guys!
P.S. I take Size M for Louanne cos the sizing for that dress runs small!

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Bridget, unfortunately I don't have any spare ones right now but I'll try my best to get hold of more soon? Perhaps you'd like to drop me an email? I'll try my best to help!

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

hi babe, nope she was not in a Love, Bonito piece :) do email her at beatricetan@gmail.com if need be!

Anon said... [Reply to comment]

when will the white top that rach is wearing be launched?

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

probably later part of March babe :)

Cheryl said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Velda! Where do you get 小肥羊 broth from!:)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You can get The steamboat soup base at sheng shiong supermarket

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

ooooh really? i will go hunt that down!!

Vel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Cheryl, my family gets it from HKG!